Inside Senior Property Adjuster
Posted on: November 17, 2023
Let's do something that really matters.
At USAA, we have an important mission: facilitating the financial
security of millions of U.S. military members and their families.
Not all of our employees served in our nation's military, but we
all share in the mission to give back to those who did. We're
working as one to build a great experience and make a real impact
for our members.
We believe in our core values of honesty, integrity, loyalty and
service. They're what guides everything we do - from how we treat
our members to how we treat each other. Come be a part of what
makes us so special!
As a dedicated Senior Property Adjuster, you will work within
established guidelines and framework to investigate, evaluate,
negotiate, and settle moderate to large loss complex property
insurance claims presented by or against our members. You will
confirm and analyzes coverage, recognize liability exposure and
negotiate equitable settlements in compliance with all state
regulatory requirements. The ideal candidate will possess strong
virtual estimating skills for moderate to large severity losses
and/or reconcile estimates while working in a telephone
concentrated environment without physical inspection of loss.
This hybrid role requires an individual to be in the office 3 days
per week. This position can be based in one of the following
locations: San Antonio, TX, Phoenix, AZ, Colorado Springs, CO,
Chesapeake, VA or Tampa, FL. Typical work schedules are 9:00 am -
5:30 pm (local time) Monday to Friday and may include some
weekends. The Inside Property Adjuster role is a call center
environment with a high volume of calls. This is an hourly,
non-exempt position with paid overtime available. We have new
training classes starting every month. Relocation assistance is not
What you'll do:
- Identifies and handles existing and emerging risks that stem
from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are optimally
identified, measured, supervised, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies and procedures for
- Handle assigned claims caseload comprised of claims with
complex damages including specialty claims. Updates initial reserve
- Partners with vendors and internal business partners to
facilitate complex claims. May also involve external regulatory
coordination to ensure appropriate documentation and
- Investigates claim damages by conducting research from various
sources, including the insured, third parties, and external
- Proactively identifies and engages in additional confirmation
of potential discrepancies involving complicated situations.
- Serves as a resource for less experienced staff, providing
informal mentor as appropriate.
- Identifies coverage concerns, reviews prior loss history,
resolves and builds Special Investigation Unit (SIU) referrals,
- Resolves coverage through analyzing information involving
complex policy terms and contingencies.
- Communicates with insured about coverage or any issues that
involve additional information or considerations regarding
- Resolves and negotiates complex claims settlement and makes
recommendations to management for settlement amounts outside of
- Maintains accurate and current claim file documentation
throughout the claims process for complex claims.
- Proficient knowledge of estimating technology platforms to
prepare claims estimates in order to handle complex property
- Supports workload surges and/or Catastrophe (CAT) operations as
needed to include working significant overtime; may involve
deployment travel during designated CATs.
- May act as an informal resource for team members with less
- Recognizes and solves obstacles that occurs in the claims
process without supervisory approval. What you have:
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2 years' relevant property claims adjusting experience of
moderate complexity that includes writing estimates involving
dwelling and structural damages
- Successfully acquire Property & Casualty (P&C) adjuster
license and state registrations within 90 days of hire
- Proficient knowledge of Xactimate or similar estimating
- Advanced knowledge estimating losses of moderate
- Proficient knowledge of property claims contracts and
interpretation of case law
- Demonstrated negotiation, investigation, communication and
conflict resolution skills
- Developing knowledge of residential construction What sets you
- US military service or military spouse
- Experience desk adjusting property claims involving DWG, APS
and ALE using virtual technologies such as ClaimsXperience
- Experience handling large loss complex claims (i.e., vandalism,
malicious mischief, foreclosures, earth movement, collapse,
- Insurance industry designations such as AINS, CPCU, AIC, SCLA
(or actively pursuing)
- Xactimate Level 1 and/or Level 2 certification
- Currently hold an active Adjuster License
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience in a call center environment The above description
reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal
functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed
description of all the work requirements that may be performed in
What we offer:
Compensation: USAA has an effective process for assessing market
data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You
are paid within the salary range based on your experience and
market data of the position. The actual salary for this role may
vary by location. The salary range for this position is: $59,070 -
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall
corporate and individual performance and at the discretion of the
USAA Board of Directors.
Benefits: At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to
support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These
benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans,
401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption
assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid
volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our
career path planning and continuing education assists employees
with their professional goals.
For more details on our outstanding benefits, please visit our
benefits page on
USAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Keywords: USAA, Chesapeake , Inside Senior Property Adjuster, Other , Chesapeake, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!