Company: Oceaneering International
Posted on: November 19, 2023
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and
products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop
products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an
offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the
world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a
leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals,
subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology
expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling,
aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Our Marine Services Division has more than 30 years experience in
providing full-service ship repair capabilities for the US Naval
Vessels including submarines, surface ships and crafts and deep
submergence systems. Operating from state-of-the-art facilities in
Chesapeake, Virginia, we are certified in Submarine Safety
(SUBSAFE) and Deep Submergence System Scope of Certification
(DSS-DOC) repair activities, and specialize in the design, repair,
maintenance, modification, and installation of hull, mechanical and
electrical (HM&E) systems.
For more information please go to www.oceaneering.com and click on
Products & Services, thenclick Marine Services Division (MSD).
The Designer II applies creative design skill, knowledge of
manufacturing techniques, and Computer Aided Design Drafting
practices to the generation of layout, assembly, and detail
drawings for structural, mechanical, piping, electrical, and
electronic equipment of moderate complexity for a variety of
OII-MSD projects. This person may also prepare sketches and other
graphic information for use within technical documents (e.g.
Operations and Maintenance Manuals) and proposals.
Expectations of this function are:
- Self-motivated, focused individual with strong attention to
detail and high ethical standards.
- Performs basic engineering tasks and conventional design that
may be varied in nature.
- Ability to read and interpret blue prints, standard
specifications, and SUBSAFE requirements.
- Ability to work as part of team with leads, managers, and
technical personnel to support multiple projects.
- Strong organizational skills and analytical / logical
- Ability to synthesize diverse information (technical, schedule)
and exercise good judgment.
- Good technical judgment and some independent evaluation,
originality and ingenuity are expected.
Duties & Responsibilities
- With minimal instructions, prepares solid models (SolidWorks
part and assembly level), complete layout and detail drawings,
including application of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing,
for moderately complex equipment or mechanisms.
- Performs independent, original design and interacts with
engineering and manufacturing personnel to ensure performance and
efficiency of manufacture, assembly, and integration.
- Can validate technical accuracy and completeness of all
modelling and drafting.
- Tasking may include: preparing engineering drawings, layout and
detailed design of mechanical systems using drafting techniques
(AutoCAD or SolidWorks).
- Selecting various electrical and mechanical components to meet
- May interface with clients.
- Associate Degree in related field, or equivalent work
- Formal Training in use of solid modeling software (SolidWorks
- Two to five years applied drafting experience, preferably in
- Proficiency using 3D modeling software such as SolidWorks and
AutoCAD is required.
- Computer skills using Microsoft Office products required.
Technical writing skills are helpful.
- Working knowledge of U.S. Navy specifications and requirements
related to Structural, Mechanical and Electrical drawings.
- Strong computer skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and PeopleSoft is a
- Familiarity with ASME Y14 drafting standards.
- Familiarity with Product Lifetime Management (PLM) software is
not required but preferred.
CLEARANCE & CITIZENSHIP
- Must have orbe able to obtain a U.S. DoD Secret Security
- Must be a U.S. citizen who is not a dual citizen of any other
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all
positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex
(including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity,national
origin, veteran status,disability, genetic information, or other
Keywords: Oceaneering International, Chesapeake , Designer II, Other , Chesapeake, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!