Company: Oceaneering International
Posted on: November 19, 2023
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and
products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop
products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an
offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the
world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a
leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals,
subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology
expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling,
aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Our Marine Services Division has more than 30 years experience in
providing full-service ship repair capabilities for the US Naval
Vessels including submarines, surface ships and crafts and deep
submergence systems. Operating from state-of-the-art facilities in
Chesapeake, Virginia, we are certified in Submarine Safety
(SUBSAFE) and Deep Submergence System Scope of Certification
(DSS-DOC) repair activities, and specialize in the design, repair,
maintenance, modification, and installation of hull, mechanical and
electrical (HM&E) systems.
For more information please go to www.oceaneering.com and click on
Products & Services, thenclick Marine Services Division (MSD).
Lead/Perform rigging operations working within repair teams, under
the Supervision of a multi-disciplined Trade Supervisor. Involves
heavy lifting, frequent stooping or bending and possible working
assignments in overhead structures, confined spaces or beneath
machinery. Strict adherence to safety, quality standards, good
housekeeping habits, high level of critical thinking/reading
comprehension, and frequent travel/overtime are required.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Requires no supervision/oversight. Has experience in the trade
qualifications and can perform most tasks required as a
- Must be able to understand and perform the inspection, set up,
maintenance and operation of various rigging equipment and hand
tools used in the trade as well as the ability to select the
correct rigging equipment to execute safe rigging operations,
calculating weight, size safety and interference.
- Has the ability to align, level, lift, maneuver and place loads
using mutli-point lifting operations in confined areas.
- Coordinate lifts with on-site Supervisor and Ships Force and
direct other trade personnel to assist rigging operations.
- Install fixtures, jigs, supports and targets to ensure proper
alignment during rigging operations.
- Perform as a team member, assisting other trades during an
installation, modification or repair operations.
- High School/GED with Apprenticeship Diploma in Rigging and/or
military and/or civilian Rigging experience within a repair
department or shipyard.
- Must have the ability to obtain government base access.
- Knowledge and practical skills tests required.
- Overhead crane qualification, CDL, fork lift qualification and
- Must be able to obtain a Secret/Confidential security
This position is considered SHOP/INDOORS which is characterized as
- Primarily indoors during the day and occasionally at
- Frequently working on or near moving equipment and vibrating
- When outdoors, humidity is frequently above 90%.
- Noise is over 85 decibels.
- Light is intense/glare.
- Occasional exposure to open fire/flames/sparks.
- Frequent exposure to airborne dust, fumes, and gases.
- Includes exposure to contaminants.
- Requires working in very hot (above 90 F degrees) or very cold
(below 32 F degrees) temperatures.
- Includes exposure to sounds and noise levels that are
distracting or uncomfortable.
- Job tasks are performed in close physical proximity to other
- Requires working indoors in non-controlled environmental
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
This position is considered MEDIUM work.
- Lift 20-50 pounds
- Work in confined spaces , k neel, jump, run, work while lying
on stomach/back, crawl, and use repetitive movements of the arms
- Identify color differences
- Wear PPE for skin protection
- Lift 10-25 pounds
- Climb stairs/ladders, stand, balance, stoop, squat, reach, and
- Twist body, sit with back supported, head forward/flexed, head
tilted/rotated, and work with arms extended overhead
- Operate a motor vehicle
- Lift up to 10 pounds
- Wear PPE protection for body, vision, and hearing
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all
positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex
(including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity,national
origin, veteran status,disability, genetic information, or other
Keywords: Oceaneering International, Chesapeake , Rigger III/Specialist, Other , Chesapeake, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!