Posted on: November 20, 2023
****Candidates with disabilities or Rehab referrals only****
The Guard I position observes and reports security and emergency
situations. Guard I secures and logs all activities at the Vehicle
Processing Center (VPC) site. This position carries out detailed
instructions and procedures to ensure that emergencies and security
violations are readily discovered and reported to the appropriate
authority. They may also help visitors and customers by giving
directions and answering basic questions.
- Makes complete and visible checks of the entire grounds;
secures all gates, doors, offices, and garage area and ensures key
checkpoints are completed within prescribed timeframes and records
in the shift logbook.
- Monitors and logs in and out all persons entering and leaving
- Directs Privately Owned Vehicles (POVs) parking for all
customers and car carriers. Directs car carrier drivers to the
- Washes the next day POV pick-ups.
- Verifies POVs against receiving documents to make sure the
correct POV is received or shipped.
- Parks/Stages POVs in the VPC at appropriately designated areas
to allow the safe and proper identification of all POVs at any
- Drives POVs safely and properly to minimize any personal,
vehicle, or facility injury/damage while in our custody and
- Make sure all keys are given to car carriers for inbound and
outbound POVs and staged properly.
- On an as-needed basis only, checks that the drivers are safely
loading and unloading POVs.
- Provides excellent customer service in a friendly, stress-free
atmosphere to the customer, family members, and/or designated
- Checks every POV to ensure that all POVs are locked, windows
are up, no keys are left in the doors, and there are no flat tires.
If found, log it on the Security report.
- Enforces, observes, and reports security and emergency
situations and regulations to the appropriate authority.
- Keep the security area neat and clean. Empty trash cans once at
the end of the shift.
- Responsible for fostering a positive team spirit and producing
- Responsible for appropriate conduct and/or demeanor as dictated
by Didlake policy and procedure.
- Completes required paperwork and/or documentation.
- Completes and maintains all required Didlake training and is
able to attain a 95% score on Monthly/Yearly Audits.
- Other duties as assigned and/or specified in Statement of
Didlake, Inc. is a non-profit rehabilitation services organization.
At Didlake, creating opportunities that enrich the lives of people
with disabilities is our mission. Since 1965, Didlake has served
thousands of people with significant disabilities by providing
training, job placement, employment opportunities and day support
services. We provide rewarding and purposeful work.
Keywords: Didlake, Chesapeake , Guard I, Other , Chesapeake, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!