Precast Concrete Quality Control Inspector - 2.5 year project
Company: PRIME AE Group, Inc
Posted on: July 12, 2019
PRIME AE Group (www.primeeng.com), a multi-discipline A/E firm with
(16) office locations and over 450 employees within the
Mid-Atlantic, New England, Midwest and Southeast Regions, is
seeking a Precast Concrete Quality Control Inspector for a 2.5
year, high profile, project.
- The project is the repair/refurbishment of the Arlington Memorial
Bridge that runs from the Lincoln Memorial to the Arlington
National Cemetery. Come be a part of this historic project!!
- This role will be located at the precaster in Chesapeake,
Under the direction of the Quality Control Manager within the
Operations department, the Quality Control Inspector performs and
- Quality control inspections of all types of precast concrete
- Evaluates pieces for dimensional accuracy, required tolerances
- Assists in interpreting piece tickets for production,
- Verifies that product meets the plan and specification
- Verifies that testing requirements of the specifications are
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Performs pre-pour inspection of all forms, reinforcement, steel
and inserts, in a timely manner to maintain optimized work flow and
assists in finding ways to decrease delays and cause for
- Maintains daily and project production records.
- Checks and verifies all dimensions of cast-in embeds.
- Completes daily Quality Control documentation.
- Inspects all finished product. Documents and follows-up on any
precast product that requires patching or rework.
- Ensures that all precast products are correctly marked.
- Assists other Quality Control personnel in testing of materials
and finished products as required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Ability to read and understand instructions, notices, and
technical requirements and specifications.
- Ability to communicate ideas and observations in an
understandable manner in both verbal and written form.
- Ability to understand verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to perform addition, subtraction, multiplication and
- Ability to calculate area and volume.
- Ability to apply basic concepts of geometry.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and
draw valid conclusions.
Education / Experience / Certifications:
- High School Diploma or GED and three - five (3-5) years of
similar work in the precast or construction inspection and testing
industries. Or a combination of education and experience.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that PRIME AE Group, Inc. (PRIME) does not accept
unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the
absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, PRIME AE Group will
not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or
recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume
or candidate without a previously signed agreement, PRIME AE Group
explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s)
without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any
unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers
and/or other PRIME AE Group personnel, are deemed to be the
property of PRIME AE Group.
Keywords: PRIME AE Group, Inc, Chesapeake , Precast Concrete Quality Control Inspector - 2.5 year project, Other , Chesapeake, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!