Mechanical Engineer (P.E.)
Company: Woolpert, Inc.
Posted on: November 7, 2019
Technical Role -
* Interprets, defines, organizes, executes and coordinates
* Directs a specific technical program and provides technical
direction for multiple projects of considerable scope and
* Responsible for coordinating the technical execution of large
segments of an engineering program with extensive and diversified
* Applies or develops advanced theories, concepts, principles and
processes in execution of quality deliverables that meet
* Provides technical expertise and leadership in the project
definition and planning phases.
* Communicates new scientific methods, developments and practices
through appropriate firm channels.
* Develops and documents standard practices and coaches and mentors
other team members in skill development areas.
* Design of complex HVAC systems for large institutional, federal,
and industrial buildings.
* Strong capability in designing chilled/hot water systems, VAV
systems, VRF systems, and the associated controls.
* Familiarity with the latest versions of Revit, AutoCAD and
Microsoft Office Suite.
* Experience managing large mechanical projects.
* Strong Client management skills are also required.
* Must be mentally and physically capable of performing all
essential duties required of the position.
* Must be able to read, analyze and interpret complex documents
including scientific and technical journals.
* Must have above average verbal and written communication skills
for both internal and external relationships.
* Must be able to respond effectively to sensitive inquiries from
clients, regulatory agencies, and/or members of the business
* Must be able to write speeches and articles using original or
innovative techniques or style.
* Must have above average presentation skills.
* Must be able to develop computer applications or other analysis
techniques appropriate to discipline.
* Must have Microsoft Office suite skills.
* Must be familiar with discipline related software
* Level 4 must have BA/BS and four (4) years related experience,
MA/MS and two (2) years related experience, or eight (8) years
* Level 5 must have a BA/BS and eight (8) years related experience,
MA/MS and six (6) years related experience, or 12 years related
* Must be a Registered Professional Engineer.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise
have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is
(a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance
of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Keywords: Woolpert, Inc., Chesapeake , Mechanical Engineer (P.E.), Other , Chesapeake, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!