Broadband Specialist IV, Maintenance - Plymouth/Edenton
Posted on: November 19, 2021
Located in Plymouth, NCGENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES: Performs field
technical work. Primarily responsible for maintain the HFC plant
from node to tap through routine maintenance and repair of CATV
distribution system and HSD system and for turn-on of new
distribution system. Maintenance and troubleshoot the trunk system
due to equipment and/or power failure. SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES:
Conducts system tests such as signal/noise, signal/hum, summation
sweep, chart recording, return loss bridge, including monthly,
semi-annual and annual tests; RF knowledge/troubleshooting; sweep &
balance HFC plant. Sets trunk levels, sets-up and changes out trunk
amplifiers, calculates signal level losses in cable and equipment
for trunk lines and distribution lines. Installs electronics and
makes power connections; maintain power supplies. Properly uses,
stores and maintains all test equipment used in system. Assumes
full responsibility for troubleshooting and repair of the coaxial
and fiber distribution system. Prepares estimates for projects,
providing bill of materials. Works with connectors, fasteners and
wire and uses hand tools; splices coax & fiber. May perform all
duties of Broadband Specialist I-V, Technical Operations
descriptions. Climb poles with proper equipment (safety belt,
safety strap and climbers), ladders or other structures as needed.
Lifts and carries loads up to 75lbs (including line ladder); Works
within limited confines, such as crawl spaces. Performs other
duties such as clean-up and salvage of wrecked out materials;
provides general assistance to other employees as directed. On-call
duty may be required; Other functions that may be assigned.
- High school diploma or GED required; Associates degree
- Valid driver's license; satisfactory driving record
- Required - Minimum of 6 months' time spent as Broadband
Specialist III or 5+ years' equivalent cable technician
- Required- NCTI Service Technician
- Required- NCTI System Technician
- Preferred- DOCSIS 3.1: Customer Premise
- 18 months tenure as a Mediacom BBS III or equivalent
- Knowledge of all Broadband Specialist I-III responsibilities,
basic commercial installs, business phone and service calls along
with Home Controller.
- Knowledge of HFC plant, installs and service calls.
- Knowledge of Commercial Fiber PRI and Managed Voice
installation and trouble shooting.
- Advanced level of mechanical skills for splicing
- Ability to interact and communicate with customers and
- Ability to work in high or tight spaces.
- Ability to work in all weather conditions and at various
- Ability to work flexible work hours, including evenings,
weekends, holidays and overtime as required.
- Ability to trouble shoot customer premise equipment and cable
issues PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Strenuous - Physical effort
represented by frequent handling of heavy objects (approx. 50-100
lbs.) and materials, or heavy hand tools. Keywords: System
Technician, Maintenance, Broadband Specialist V, Installer,
Technical Operations, Technician, Cable, Construction, Maintenance,
Telecom, Internet, Install, Home Security, Xtream, Fiber, Copper,
Keywords: Mediacom, Chesapeake , Broadband Specialist IV, Maintenance - Plymouth/Edenton, Professions , Columbia, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!