Diesel Maintenance Tech (B) 1st Shift Tue-Sat - BONUS
Company: Red Classic - Maintenance Mechanic
Posted on: November 19, 2021
Diesel Maintenance Tech (B) Overview:
1st Shift Tuesday - Saturday
8:00am - 4:30pm
Apply Now for up to $7500 Sign-on Bonus
Red Classic (RCT) is a subsidiary of Coca-Cola Consolidated, Inc.
(CCCI), the nation's largest Coca-Cola bottler. Our diesel/fleet
mechanics service both RCT and CCCI fleet equipment. This posting
is for our facility inNorfolk, VA.
The Diesel Maintenance Tech (B), located in Norfolk, VA, is
responsible for repairing and maintaining all medium to heavy duty
customer vehicles and equipment (class 8 semis, forklifts, pallet
jacks, etc.) which includes routinely performing preventative
maintenance and corrective maintenance to ensure efficient vehicle
operations. The Diesel Maintenance Tech (B) will perform job duties
independentlywith little to no supervision & must be equipped with
personal tool box. Diesel Maintenance Tech (B) will also be
responsible for coaching and mentoring Diesel Maintenance Tech (C)
employees as needed.
Basic knowledge and understanding of repairing or replacing all
structural, body and mechanic parts of a heavy duty diesel truck.
Must be proficient with brakes, drivelines and mechanical engine
components on tractors. Strong electrical experience with the
ability to diagnose & repair all electrical systems, up to and
including emissions and engine components. Must possess basic
computer entry (PC) skills.
* 3-5 years verifiable experience in heavy duty diesel engine
maintenance or diesel/automotive trade school diploma (+) 3 years
previous experience in heavy duty trailer maintenance
* DOT Brake/Annual inspector certified.
* Proficient welding and metal fabrication skills.
* Diagnose and repair or replace lights, wiring and GPS tracking
* Diagnose and repair ABS and air brake systems.
* Must complete all required paperwork, adhere to and maintain a
high level of housekeeping.
* Ability to maintain parts inventory process.
* Basic computer skills.
* Basic truck driving skills.
* Ability to obtain a CDL A within 3-6 months.
* Operate with minimal supervision.
* Professional/appropriate interaction with internal & external
* Adhere to all Red Classic safety guidelines
* Must be at least 21 years old
* DOT Brake/Annual Inspection certification
* High school diploma or equivalency required
* Clean driving record
* Must have valid driver's license
* No more than two moving violations (e.g. speeding, failure to
yield, failure to stop, violating a traffic signal, etc.) during
the previous three years
* No more than one accident in the previous three years
* No escalated moving violations in the last 7 years
* Competitive pay based on years of experience
* Career Advancement Opportunities
* Paid Weekly/ Direct Deposit
* Vacation & Holiday Pay
* Annual Safety Bonus Opportunity
* Outstanding Medical/Dental/Vision Benefits
Red Classic is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: Red Classic - Maintenance Mechanic, Chesapeake , Diesel Maintenance Tech (B) 1st Shift Tue-Sat - BONUS, Professions , Chesapeake, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!