Senior Hydraulics Technician
Company: Plasser American Corp
Posted on: January 15, 2022
General Scope: The Hydraulic subject matter expert will work in
the manufacturing operations assembly area and is responsible to
directly participate in the assembly and layout process of all
hydraulic components, as well as the design and development of
complex rail equipment products. He or she is responsible to guide
and follow projects throughout the assembly and production process
in a manner that ensures products provide superior performance,
durability, quality, and serviceability. In addition to the
technical aspects, the subject matter expert should also be able to
effectively communicate and collaborate with a wide variety of
people while working hands-on with the product. Position Details
Skills: Have a sound understanding of Hydraulic and Mechanical
- Interpreting hydraulic schematics and specification
- Identifying component sizing and selection.
- Ability to recognize machine level requirements and translation
into hydraulic component requirements (including pressure, flow,
- Ability to troubleshoot existing hydraulic systems.
- Have a practical knowledge of Hydraulics components.
- Able to collaborate with the cross functional teams and define
- Able to perform or coordinate system/sub-system/component level
- Able to read and interpret drawings.
- Develop creative, efficient, and cost-effective solutions to
- Have strong communication and teamwork skills.
- Have project management skills.
- Experience problem-solving
- Experience with 3D modeling tools (such as: Inventor,
- Familiar with steel, aluminum, and stainless-steel
- Familiar with basic computer programs (Word, Excel,
- Have a basic understanding of how pneumatic systems work.
- Have a basic understanding of how an electromechanical and
electrical systems operate.
- Ability to accurately measure parts and equipment using both a
tape measure and calipers.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as algebra,
probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane
and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages,
ratios, and proportions to practical situations.Job Functions:
- Directly work with other employees, internal suppliers,
internal customers, and teams while demonstrating skill in
negotiation, building consensus, and achieving compromise.
- Directly work with team members in strategic placement of
hydraulic components in all rail equipment.
- Directly work with and train team members in the correct
placement of hoses to avoid interferences and make aesthetical
- Identify problem areas and resolve accordingly.
- Check drawings and BOMs for accuracy and correct errors.
- Assist engineers with researching hydraulic components &
systems for use in production, or replacing obsolete field
- Work with Engineers and assist Designer/Drafters in developing
the hydraulic design of products using drafting tools or
Computer-Assisted Design (CAD) or other software.
- Assist in maintaining hydraulic schematics.
- Proactively set work schedules & track performance.
- Maintain department work standards and work instructions.
- Work with the production line assemblers to mitigate issues and
assure issue free assemblies
- Specify type and size of fittings, line sizes based on flow and
- Actively work with and understand hydraulic schematics and
- Make revision recommendations as required.
- Provide expertise and act as a resource in resolving system
malfunctions and quality issues.
- Train, mentor, and develop team members in schematics,
resolving system malfunctions, and providing technical
- Assure technical documentation from team is clear and
informative for internal customers and for easy future
understanding. Supervisory Responsibilities: Train and mentor 5 -
10 mechanics and helpers in the machine assembly process.
Education: Incumbent must have a Bachelor's degree in Mechanical
Engineering or related engineering degree preferred experience. At
least 5 years' experience as a Hydraulic engineer or equivalent and
at least an associate degree in Engineering.
Keywords: Plasser American Corp, Chesapeake , Senior Hydraulics Technician, Professions , Chesapeake, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!