Supplier Quality Engineer
Company: Plasser American Corp
Posted on: May 12, 2022
Some see the railway as transportation, while at Plasser
American we see it as transformation. The story of how steel tracks
turned the American promise into American progress and forged a
trusted pathway to the possibilities of the future. It's a story
that continues today, an American legacy unfolding mile by mile.
There is a lot riding on those tracks and we know that support,
quality and know-how are all important aspects in staying on
track.That's why the Plasser American tradition begins with a
promise. A promise to do things right. An unapologetic commitment
to quality that makes us the longtime trusted leader in cutting
edge American made innovations for the North American railway. It's
a promise to see things differently to turn ordinary steel into
safer passages. To be a partner that you can count on to engineer
solutions for the challenges of today and for the opportunities of
tomorrow. From research and design, expert manufacturing and
delivering unapparelled services, our customers trust us to keep
them ahead of the curve.Progress is about more than getting from
Point A to Point B. It's knowing you have a trusted foundation to
move you forward toward new possibilities waiting around the
corner. Join Plasser American to become part of our team forging
ahead towards new opportunities in railway maintenance. The railway
is a path to the future, choose this path and apply today.We are
looking for a focused and meticulous supplier quality engineer to
join our manufacturing and logistics team. The responsibilities of
the supplier quality engineer include securing supplies and parts
for the assembly line, reviewing engineering and manufacturing
specifications, monitoring materials for any defects, and resolving
quality issues.To be successful as a supplier quality engineer, you
should have excellent analytical and technical skills with strong
attention to detail. Ultimately, a top-notch supplier quality
engineer should have excellent communication and problem-solving
skills and an eye for supply quality control.Supplier Quality
- Reviewing our manufacturing specifications to identify
materials needed for production.
- Researching, sourcing, and assessing the best vendors to supply
the necessary materials.
- Visiting vendor facilities and observing the manufacturing
environment to review and assess their procedures.
- Performing regular quality control audits to ensure vendors
continue to work in compliance with company and federal
- Reviewing incoming supplies and products from vendors to check
for defects and ensure quality.
- Conducting tests and assessments on products to identify
- Maintaining detailed reports on supplier quality, including
defect rates and areas that result in flaws.
- Providing technical advice and guidance to suppliers to reduce
- Serving as a liaison between our company's senior management
and the vendors to identify quality issues and come up with
solutions.Supplier Quality Engineer Requirements:
- A bachelor's degree in engineering, science, or logistics.
- Proven experience in manufacturing and in securing vendor
- Excellent statistical analysis and quality assurance
- In-depth knowledge of the technical aspects of manufacturing
- Good working knowledge of quality control standards and
- Experience with manufacturing and production processes and
- Ability to provide guidance to improve process efficiency.
- Excellent communication and liaison skills.About Plasser
American: As part of the Plasser family brand, which is the largest
Maintenance of Way equipment provider in the world, PAC is a
rapidly growing provider of railway equipment in North America.
Continuing for the next few years, PAC will continue to make
significant investments in the North American Market including a
new office building and a substantial addition to our manufacturing
facility. PAC is making the needed investments to continue its
growth trajectory for many years to come. The next several years
will be an exciting time of transformation. We look to the future
to enhance our team and achieve our goals.
Keywords: Plasser American Corp, Chesapeake , Supplier Quality Engineer, Professions , Chesapeake, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!