Engineering Technician III - Requisition
Company: City of Chesapeake Human Resources
Posted on: July 31, 2022
Our Development & Permits department is seeking an Engineering
Technician III to provide complex technical and administrative
support to the Development Construction division.
A successful candidate for this position will be able to do the
- Have practical understanding using mathematics involving
fractions, percentages, proportions, and geometric
- Determine costs for various aspects of development construction
- Research, review, analyze, and update project plans.
- Provide customer service-related functions with assisting the
general public, customers, and consultants regarding construction
and development questions and administrative assistance.
- Reviews franchise utility and other various Right-of-Way permit
applications for permit issuance.
- Complex ability in letter writing, documentation, composes
original reports, and distributing correspondence between
Departments and outside customers.
- Coordinate and schedule inspections and manage inspection
- Prepare and maintain various reports and records.
- Have a general understanding of construction of roadway,
drainage systems and utilities, and good working knowledge of
engineering and construction practices and principles.
- Have a basic understanding of the phases of development, land
use, and construction processes.
VOCATIONAL/EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENT: Requires any combination of
education and experience equivalent to an associate's degree in
engineering or a closely related field. EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENT: In
addition to satisfying the vocational/education standards, this
class requires a minimum of two years of related, full-time
equivalent experience. SPECIAL CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES:
Specialized certifications may be necessary based on departmental
requirements. Depending on departmental operational requirements,
may also require valid driver's license and driving record in
compliance with the . SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS: Employees may be
expected to work hours in excess of their normally scheduled hours
in response to short-term department needs and/or City-wide
emergencies. Emergencyoperations support work and work locations
may be outside of normal job duties.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONSDEQ
Program Administrator CertifiedPI186512719
Keywords: City of Chesapeake Human Resources, Chesapeake , Engineering Technician III - Requisition, Professions , Chesapeake, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!