Material Handler - Chesapeake
Company: Maersk (a.k.a A P Moller)
Posted on: September 20, 2022
We are looking for a Material Handler.
This position is in Chesapeake, VA.
As a company, we promote a culture of honesty and integrity, and
value the trust it allows us to build with customers and employees
alike. Our focus on our people is what sets us apart and keeps our
customers coming back to work with us!
If you are seeking to be a part of a family, this is the place for
Performance Team and Damco Distribution, now part of the Maersk
global organization under a combined Warehousing & Distribution
division, offer third party logistics services to over 500
customers. Encompassing almost 15 million square feet of
warehousing capacity throughout the country and a large
transportation segment capturing a variety of services, we have key
supply chain hubs in the Los Angeles and New Jersey/New York areas,
and other facilities along the Western & Eastern coasts along with
multiple locations in the Midwest. Delivering significant sales and
profitability growth, we will drive the Inland Logistics and
Services business for the combined US business units for
Responsible for the unloading of merchandise from inbound
containers and the loading of merchandise into outbound
* Load and unload freight as directed by shift supervisor and/or
* Handle cartons weighing 40 pounds, occasionally weighing up to 75
* Maintain an acceptable level of productivity
* Receive daily work assignments from supervision and/or lead
* Verify shipping documents, shipping labels, and purchase
* Accurately match freight/product with work instructions, orders
and shipping documents
* Understand and decipher shipping and receiving documentation
(i.e.: manufacturing dates, Julian dates, etc)
* Build stable loads in outbound trailers which result in maximum
* Scan freight and documents
* Ability to work with basic warehouse systems as required by
facility (i.e. GLS)
* Responsible for maintaining clean and safe work area
* Maintain all safety rules
* Performs job related duties as specified by management
We are looking for
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to focus on details, pertaining to shipping documents
* Basic math skills required
* High School diploma or equivalent preferred; not required
* Ability to work nights, holidays and weekends is required.
Overtime may be required
You must be authorized to work for any employer in the US.
Local candidates only; no relocation assistance is provided.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion and religious creed, age,
sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender
expression, national origin, ancestry, physical and mental
disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy,
military and veteran status, citizenship status, marital status, or
any other basis protected by law.
We will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a
manner consistent with all legal requirements. If you are
interested in applying for employment with Performance Team- A
Maersk Company in the U.S. and need special assistance or an
accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, or if
you need a reasonable accommodation to perform a job, please
contact the Human Resources Department by calling 844-447-7878 or
emailing email@example.com. Determination on requests for
reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
A.P. Moller - Maersk is an integrated container logistics company
working to connect and simplify its customer's supply chains. As
the global leader in shipping services, the company operates in 130
countries and employs roughly 70,000 people. With simple end-to-end
offering of products and digital services, seamless customer
engagement and a superior end-to-end delivery network, Maersk
enables its customers to trade and grow by transporting goods
anywhere - all over the world. For more information:
https://www.maersk.com All the way.
Keywords: Maersk (a.k.a A P Moller), Chesapeake , Material Handler - Chesapeake, Professions , Chesapeake, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!