Company: Lighting Maintenance Inc
Posted on: January 22, 2023
Lighting Maintenance Inc (LMI) is a family-owned electrical and
lighting contractor servicing MD/DC/VA, maintaining over 200,000
lights throughout the mid-Atlantic area. Established in 1991, we
are an industry leader serving the government, commercial, and
We are accepting applications for a Journeyman Electrician. This
position will be responsible for the maintenance, repairs, and
installation of electrical and lighting systems in and around the
Hampton, VA area. We provide excellent benefits, a competitive
salary, and the chance to work with a brand with over 31 years of
At LMI, we provide not just a job, but a career and a rewarding
professional opportunity to refine your skills and add new ones
- Licenses - Current clean driver's license
- Education - High school Graduate, holder of G.E.D., or
- Electrical experience - 5 years of combined commercial and
- CDL B License (preferred, but will train)
- Journeyman License
- Bucket Truck Experience - Minimum 2 years
- Safety Training -OSHA 10
- The job requires working in both heat and cold.
- Able to work 8 hours a day, 40 hours a week, overtime, and
night shifts as required.
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair electrical & lighting
systems from 120V - 480V
- Knowledge of low voltage systems
- Must be able to positively identify conductor colors
- Experience with multiple hand-tools
- Capable of digging trenches, either with hand tools or power
- Ability to practice and comprehend safe work procedures as
outlined in the company Safety Policy Handbook, Haz-com Policy, and
Lockout - Tag out Policy
- Experience operating two-handed tools such as cable cutters,
hammer drills, and compression tools
- Able to operate company trucks with manual and automatic
- Strong Ability to read and interpret maps, instructional
manuals, specifications, work site directions, blueprints,
schematics and written instructions
- Ability to operate and work from personal lifts; gas or
- Ability to operate equipment, trenchers, and lift trucks in a
- Capable of working at heights up to 80 feet
- Capable of bending various sizes of conduit to include PVC,
EMT, and rigid
Provide leadership and supervision for a crew of 4
Must be able to bend, stoop, squat, crawl, climb, kneel, balance,
push, pull, and reach overhead.
Lift 51 pounds.
Climb ladders of all types.
Complete overhead work for full day's assignments.
Possess good vision (normal or corrected)
Prescription drug coverage
LMI is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to
be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual
orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran
Keywords: Lighting Maintenance Inc, Chesapeake , Journeyman Electrician, Professions , Chesapeake, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!