Posted on: October 8, 2018
Job DescriptionThe Opportunity - Electrical TechnicianThe Electrical Technician is responsible for repairing and/or maintaining electrical operations on a wide variety of complicated machine tools, machinery, mechanical, and equipment.The Challenge:
- Analyze circuits, wiring diagrams, and drawings to install, repair adjust, calibrate, construct, modify and service electrical and electronic equipment.
- Locate source of trouble in any type of electrical or electronic equipment by tracing and testing circuits.
- Dismantle, inspect, adjust, repair or replace faulty parts on motors, controllers, relay and control equipment, switches, circuit breakers, transformers, brakes, panel boards, resistance banks, etc.
- Operates threading and bending equipment to perform conduit work.Your Expertise:
- 2-year technical degree in electronics and 2 years of industrial electronics experience, or 2-3 years industrial electronics experience with an electronics certificate, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Familiarity with US Navy electrical systems
- Experience with computer numerical controlled equipment a plus.
- Thorough knowledge of electrical and electronic principles, wiring specification codes, properties of materials, principles of operation and application of equipment.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds and be able to climb and work at heights in excess of thirty (30) feet on a regular basis daily.
- Must be able to work in restricted spaces.Travel:
- Must be able to obtain a passport and travel to various locationsMust be US citizen and able to obtain DOD security clearanceThis position may require exposure to information which is subject to US export control regulations, i.e. the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of U.S. regulations.Curtiss-Wright values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact Talent Acquisition and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.Company DescriptionTransform Your Tomorrow...Today at Curtiss-WrightAt Curtiss-Wright, you have the opportunity to transform the way our customers do business, as well as transform your career. Our entrepreneurial environment provides our employees with excellent experiences that enable them to develop their skills through stretch assignments and the opportunity to work with the best talent in the industry. At Curtiss-Wright, you will have the opportunity to contribute from day one. And...that's just the beginning of how we help you transform your tomorrow.
Keywords: Curtiss-Wright, Chesapeake , Electrical Technician, Professions , Chesapeake, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!