Business Systems Analyst
Company: Frontier Technology Inc.
Posted on: June 14, 2019
FTI is seeking a Business Systems Analyst (BSA) to support a
project in Chesapeake, VA. Work location also can be at FTI sites
including but not limited to Huntsville, AL, Dayton, OH and Crystal
City, VA. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who can work
in a dynamic, Agile environment in support of a Government customer
located in Washington, D.C.
This position requires an analyst to work hand-in-hand with
managers, developers, senior technical personnel, and customer user
groups. The candidate will work with the customer to identify and
refine software requirements to improve and enhance existing
systems, or to develop new systems. Familiarization with Scrum
Methodology toolsets, such as JIRA, Confluence, and/or TFS is
desired. Past experience working on Naval Maintenance,
Configuration Management and/or Logistics software systems is
The BSA relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish
goals working under general supervision. A certain degree of
creativity and latitude is required and expected. Other
responsibilities include requirements refinement, code testing and
validation, procedural documentation, analysis documentation (e.g.
Business Case Analyses, Analyses of Alternatives) and product
* (Minimum) Bachelor s degree from accredited institution of higher
education, preferably in STEM
* Professional certifications such as CSM, PMP, Security +CE, ITIL
* Minimum of 5 years of experience with a Bachelor s degree, or 2
years of experience with a Master s degree.
* Requires ability to analyze complex business problems, perform
root-cause analysis, propose effective solutions and understand and
apply business vision and direction.
* JIRA, Confluence, Portfolio, and SharePoint experience strongly
* Work under the supervision of a Project Manager according to
company policies and project specifications.
* Gather and define requirements, document high level and detail
level designs, document test process steps and execution of those
steps and document plans that are used by all team members from
inception to conclusion.
* Analyze and review existing systems and program logic to become
familiar with the existing product features.
* Analyze user needs to determine functional and cross-functional
requirements. Analyze the problem and the information to be
processed. Define the problem, and develop system requirements and
program specifications, from which programmers prepare detailed
flow charts, programs, and tests.
* Develop storyboards and processes flow for feedback.
* Document manuals, user guides, and/or regular status reports.
* Participate in development processes concerning new applications
to meet client needs. Participation in development processes
concerning maintenance of existing systems.
* Provide strategic advice for business processes and
* Collaborate with business stakeholders to define and document
business requirements and with technical staff to develop solution
* Understand and apply the system development methodology.
* Communicate status, business impacts, and system and scope
changes to team members, business partners, sponsors, management
and other interested parties.
* Coordinate issue tracking and resolution.
* Manage testing activities for project and maintenance
* Provide guidance for testing strategies, scope and scenarios
* Provide general customer and IT support for assigned
* Work with business and technical staff to perform effective
root-cause analysis and resolution.
* Gather, compile, interpret and summarize systems and business
process changes; maintain system support tables.
* Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
required to work effectively with team members and clients.
* Thorough approach to tasks, with strong attention to details and
problem solving. Able to understand work problems and procedures
and ensure accuracy of work and careful documentation.
* Demonstrated analytical skills, critical thinking and ability to
prepare concept papers, briefs and official documents using MS
Office suite applications.
* Ability to speak and present comfortably in large group
* Good working knowledge of business systems lifecycle and
functional user needs
* Able to produce use cases, high level and detailed requirements
and requirements traceability documents.
* U.S. citizenship with current Secret government security
FTI is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
FTI is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or
any other protected class.
Keywords: Frontier Technology Inc., Chesapeake , Business Systems Analyst, Professions , Chesapeake, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!